Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with messages, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Sending and receiving messages in Mail is one thing. …But Mail offers many different organizational tools that help you to not …only stay on top of your email, but keep them organized as well. …Let me show you some of these great new features. …So I've already opened Mail on my computer, and over here in my messages list. …I just want to point out a couple of things, that Mail suddenly indicates that …you may not be aware of. But once you are aware of them, you'll …really want to pay attention to them. So, first and foremost, it's really nice …this consolidated list here shows you when the message was received.…
Who it was from and it also shows you whether it's been read or not. …So, you can see the blue dot indicates that this message is unread and when …that's gone, it is read. In addition, if you click on a message …with this icon, we'll be able to see that this particular message has been flagged …as junk mail. Now mail tries to identify messages that …it thinks is junk but it may not always do the right thing. …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 42m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.