There are several types of drives one can install or connect to a Mac computer. In this online video, you will learn how to access drives, such as hard disks, USB drives, network drives, and others, to view their contents. You will also learn how customize drive behavior, choosing which drives show on the desktop automatically, as well as how to properly eject a drive before removing it physically from your Mac.
- [Voiceover] Just like on a Windows computer…your Mac computer will have some form of storage.…A Mac computer may have one or more…hard drives installed internally,…or maybe externally you've plugged in some USB drives.…Well, on a Windows computer we'd use Windows Explorer…to go looking for those drives…and exploring their contents.…Here on a Mac computer we use Finder.…So if you already have Finder…showing up here across the top, perfect,…if not, switch to Finder before you go up to file,…click there are choose new Finder window,…Command + N is the keyboard shortcut.…
Next we're gonna go down the left hand side…looking under devices.…And you can see I do have a remote disc,…I also have my Macintosh hard drive available to me here,…looks like I plugged in a USB drive as well.…Let's start with our Macintosh hard drive.…When you give it a click…you'll be able to go browsing through…the various subfolders and folders.…Notice there are different views.…If you like the icon view…you can choose it from the toolbar.…I like the list view,…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.