Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video What's next?, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- By now, I hope you feel a little more knowledgeable…and comfortable when it comes to using your Mac.…Of course, we covered things from a very basic level here,…and a lot of your comfort level is going to rely on…just spending more time in front of your computer…using various applications.…You'll probably also want to check out several more…courses here at lynda.com for more…in-depth instruction on specific applications.…Some courses you should check out include…Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Training,…which covers the latest and greatest…features of the Mac operating system,…including detailed looks at its built-in applications.…Our courses on the suite of applications…from Apple will also get you up to speed…with Pages, Numbers, and Keynote,…Apple's word processing, spreadsheet,…and presentation programs, respectively.…
And you'll also find extensive training…on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.…There are lots of other courses you'll most likely…find useful too, but most of all,…you should spend time just playing with your Mac…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.