Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Mountain Lion?, part of Up and Running with Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
So what exactly is Mountain Lion? Well, you probably know by now that it's …an operating system that Mac computers use to take advantage of the hardware in …every Mac and allow you to get work done on your computer, but more specifically, …Mountain Lion is the ninth major release of the Mac operating system, referred to …as OS X and with each major release it keeps getting better. …Mountain Lion adds more than 200 new features to the operating system. …Now, some of these might be small features that many users will never even notice.…
However, other features are huge improvements that will make computing …life easier for everyone. The beauty of Mountain Lion and OS X in …general is that all the details about the hardware in each and every Mac are …already known by OS X and therefore all the drivers and necessary components are …built into the OS which adds integration rivaled by no other operating system. …One of the most important benefits of Mountain Lion is that, partially due to …its Unix underpinning, it is incredibly stable and reliable, allowing users to …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iPhone and iPod touch iOS 6 Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.