Make the switch from Windows to Mac. Learn about the similarities and differences between the two operating systems, and find out how to transfer files from a Windows 10 PC to Mac.
- [Voiceover] Hi, and welcome to this course on switching from a Windows computer to a Mac, I'm David Rivers. More and more people are making the switch to the Mac, or at least using a Mac alongside their Windows PCs. Whatever the case, this updated course will help make your transition as smooth and as seamless as possible, and our focus will be moving from a Windows 10 environment, to a recent version of the MAC OS X operating system. We'll begin by demystifying the Mac, that is exploring the advantages to making the switch.
Getting you acquainted with some new terminology, and finding out what you gain, and what you might lose when switching. After that, we'll spend some time with the Mac keyboard, mouse, and gestures while navigating the Mac. We'll finish up with what I call moving day. If you're saying goodbye to your Windows PC, you'll need to know how to get your stuff from the PC over to the Mac. It's really not that difficult, but we'll explore several different ways to get you moved in. So if you're ready to switch from Windows to the Mac, let's get started.
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.