Get an IT administrator's guide to installing, configuring, backing up, and troubleshooting Mac OS X El Capitan.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Sean Collins, and this is the IT Administrator's Guide to OS X El Capitan. This course pulls together, the last 25 years of my professional life administering Macintosh computers, and troubleshooting problems in IT, and condenses that knowledge into one short course. I've included the tips and tricks I've learned, for not only handling the equipment problems, but also how to work well with the people who need my help. We talk about assessing and planning for new Macs, installing the operating system and backing up and restoring user data.
I work on application management and show you how important it is to have a fully realized planning methodology, for both system deployment and troubleshooting. If you're among the growing group of IT administrators who now have the pleasure of administering OS ten systems as they enter your enterprise network, in droves, you're going to really enjoy this course. So sit back, relax, and get ready to learn all about IT administration of Mac OS X El Capitan.
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
OS X Server Essential Training: El Capitan Editionwith Sean Colins3h 24m Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.