Get the most from your Mac and Mountain Lion, with tips for building smarter mailboxes, refining system preferences, and resetting passwords.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Mac OS Mountain Lion tips and tricks, I'm Chris Breen. In my Mac OS 10 Mountain Lion essential training course, I show the basics and a bit more about the workings and features of Apple's operating system. But there's so much more, and a lot of it not entirely obvious. And because there is more, more is what I have in mind with this course. We dive deep into mail going beyond simply composing and sending messages. To tackle filtering your email with mails rules. Techniques with dealing with junk mail. Importing and exporting message archives.
And recommendations for some mail add-ons so that you'll find it helpful. Calendar also gets an in-depth treatment. We look at invitations, time zone support. Calendar delegation, and how to share and import events. Keeping your contacts in order is vital. And I hope you do that by showing you how to synchronize your contacts, with Google and Yahoo. As well as reveal hidden tricks of contact headings. When discussing hidden system preference features, I show you how to disable the caps lock key. Copy files via Bluetooth, make the most of group accounts.
And for those without an optical media drive, use Mountain Lion's remote disk feature. And if your Mac isn't working as you believe it should, I got some great troubleshooting tips for you. All of that in Mac OS 10 Mountain Lion tips and tricks. Let's get started.
- Creating smarter Smart Mailboxes
- Sharing and delegating calendars
- Syncing Google contacts
- Discovering hidden tricks within contact headings
- Scheduling startup and shutdown
- Copying files via Bluetooth
- Using a remote disc
- Creating password-protected archives
- Creating a bootable installer drive
- Repairing your keychain
- Resetting your login password
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Mail Tips
2. Calendar Tips
3. Contact Tips
4. System Preference Tips
5. Finder Tips
6. Tips for Troubleshooters
Repairing your keychain1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.