Reviews Mac OS X Mountain Lion, the latest version of the Apple operating system that offers new features such as AirPlay mirroring, dictation, Gatekeeper security protections, and more.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Mac OS X Mountain Lion New Features, I'm Chris Breen. In this course, I'll outline the major changes that are introduced with Mountain Lion. Security is a big part of Mountain Lion and we'll take a long look at how that's implemented in OS X and what you can do to configure your security settings so that you'll be safe from malware threats while at the same time, acquire and use the software you need. Mountain Lion introduces Notification Center, a central repository for alerts. I'll show you where it is, what it can do, and how to configure it.
Mountain Lion introduces the ability to turn your speech into text. If you have a desire to talk to your Mac and see your words accurately captured, tune in to the Dictation movie. I'll show you how to use the new Reminders feature to help you organize your life. And there's more. Mountain Lion brings improvements to Mail, Safari, which is Apple's web browser, Calendar, Contacts, and iCloud, Apple's cloud-based synchronization and storage service. While Mountain Lion may not be the kind of update that takes your breath away, it offers some terrific new features.
Let's get started with them now.
- Setting up your computer quickly with the guided setup process
- Using Dictation to turn your spoken words into text
- Taking advantage of the Auto Save improvements
- Sharing data with iCloud
- Mirroring your Mac to a television
- Creating to-do events with Reminders
- Keeping track of game progress with Game Center
- Browsing with the improved Safari
- Becoming familiar with the Power Nap and new privacy features