Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the new Share feature, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
The latest version of Safari that ships with Mountain Lion, which is version six, …contains a new share feature that makes it incredibly easy to share web pages …with other users, using multiple different methods. …I'm going to begin this video by launching Safari on my computer. …And when I open up Safari, I'm just going to navigate to a web page here. …And this looks like a pretty good blog post that I've found, and I'd like to …share this with some other users. So you'll notice in Safari that directly …to the left of the URL Google bar, there's a button that allows you to share …this web page. Now if we click on this button, it's …going to bring up a drop-down menu that provides a number of different ways that …we can share this. Now the first two are really sharing this …with yourself. So we can add it to a reading list so we …access it later. We can add a bookmark again to access it later.…
But then we also have the ability to email this page. …So if I choose this option, it's going to launch my mail application, and put this …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.