Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Migrating from Windows 10 to Mac.
- [Voiceover] If you have access to the exercise files, you'll be able to follow along with me, exactly, step by step, as we move through some of the movies and chapters in this course. So if you planned on using them, I highly recommend placing them in a convenient location, such as right here on the desktop. And when you double-click the Exercise Files folder, you'll see a list of subfolders, representing the chapters where we'll actually use exercise files. Now, if you don't have access to the exercise files, not to worry. You can try following along with your own files, or you can still earn lots by simply sitting back, relaxing, and watching.
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.