There are many web browsers to choose from when browsing the internet on a Windows PC. You also have a choice on a Mac, but the default and most popular option is Safari. In this movie, you will know how to access Safari, tour the interface, add and modify bookmarks, as well as customize Safari to use a homepage of your choosing.
- [Voiceover] When browsing the internet…on a Windows PC, you'll use one of many browsers…that can be used on a Windows computer.…And if you're using older versions of Windows,…you might be accustomed to using Internet Explorer.…Not everybody likes it, so you may have downloaded…one of your own, like Google Chrome or FireFox.…In Windows 10 it's the Edge browser that's used by default.…Well, here on a Mac we can use…multiple different browsers as well.…The default though that most people use on a Mac is Safari,…which by the way can also be used on a Windows computer.…
So if you've never used it before, there are some…differences to get used to in terminology…and the way we do things.…So we're going to take a look at it now.…Let's go to the top right-hand corner…and click the Spotlight icon and you can…start to type in Safari, you'll see it's the top hit.…Press return, and it will open up…and take you to your Homepage.…And you can see my Homepage is set currently to Apple.com.…It shows up here in the top in the address bar.…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.