Many people use more than one email account. In this movie, you will know how to use the Mail app to connect to existing online email accounts to get access to more than one account in one easy app. You will know how to add additional accounts from other vendors and how to eventually remove accounts you no longer use.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] If you're accustomed to using certain…email accounts on your Windows PC.…Maybe a Windows Live account, an old Hotmail account,…you can continue to use those here on the Mac.…And you don't have to open up a browser to go…to those sites to log in.…There is a mail app here that you can use to set up…your accounts so they're all accessible in one location.…Now I already talked about the scenario where you're…moving from Outlook on a Windows PC to Outlook…on a Mac and how to transfer those files.…This is a little bit different.…We're going to launch the Mail app here.…
Let's go up to the top right corner…and click the magnifying glass icon…and type in mail.…When you do, you're going to see the top hit…is the Mail app.…It also appears under Applications.…You can double-click either one of those.…And it will open up.…If you haven't already connected to an account,…you get to choose a mail account to add at this point.…So if it's an iCloud, Microsoft Exchange,…Google, like Gmail, Yahoo's there, AOL.…Maybe yours isn't.…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.