Up and Running with OS X Server App
Mac OS X Server used to be a $1,000 product. Now it's a $20 app you can install like any app on Mavericks, but that doesn't make it any less powerful. OS X Server offers the old standby services like file sharing, group calendars, and email, with several brand-new twists like wireless management for all of your Apple devices, and caching of software updates to speed up app downloads for your office, school, studio, or any other small organization. Sean Colins, shows you how to set up your own cloud and save time and money with its collaboration and productivity tools. Start here to get up and running fast.
- Configuring your network
- Setting up Xcode, the developer's best friend
- Creating users and groups
- Connecting to shared folders
- Backing up clients
- Collaborating with web services
- Managing mobile devices
- Building a master image to deploy to new Macs
- Enabling a group calendar and contacts
- Keeping chats private
- Securing remote access
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Sean Colins. Over the years since Tiger Server, I've helped members of Lynda.com learn many different versions of Apple Server product, from the time when it was considered an operating system that cost a thousand dollars to its more recent classification as an app you can purchase and download from the app store for only $19.99. Mac OS X Server 3 is the easiest to use version of Mac OS X Server ever, incorporating features that can quickly and easily save you time and money wherever you choose to install it. While we are together here, I will show you how to set up and use many of the most popular and important time and money-saving features of this product, so you can set up your own server quickly and easily.
Join me now as we learn how this third major version of Apple's Server App can make working with others in your organization more effective, more efficient, and more fun. Welcome to Up and Running with Mac OS X Server 3.
Up and Running with AppleScript112,850 Views
Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard Essential Training533,202 Views
Mac OS X Mavericks New Features81,131 Views
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Tips and Tricks69,822 Views
Up and Running with FileMaker Go51,563 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,913 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,812 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,307 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced392,023 Views