Learn to analyze Mac OS X system behavior to determine if an apparent failure is actually a network-related problem or not. Understand the physical layer, and the logical layer and how to identify where the error lies. Understand the fastest way to identify a problem with cabling. Understand the difference between a Wi-Fi problem and a wired network problem. Learn how to troubleshoot networking on a Mac.
- View Offline
- Network troubleshooting on a Mac…first should be understood to require…no different a thought process than network troubleshooting…on any other computer system.…Network failures can be caused by the physical layer…of cabling inadequacy and damaged slicing,…couplers and patch panels being at different standards…than the cables patched into them.…If your network has fiber optic components, for example,…you can have speed and mode mismatch transceiver problems.…And of course, the equipment and infrastructure,…including switches and routers…as well as managed switches and VLANs,…can be configured incorrectly or simply cease…to work properly due to overheating…or other environmental concerns.…
Add to this the problems that can occur…when DHCP servers run out of available IP addresses…and therefore stop responding to…new client system DHCP requests.…Or power problems in parts of the network…that may not even be immediately visible to you…as an IT admin at the desktop level.…If you're troubleshooting Wi-Fi problems,…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
OS X Server Essential Training: El Capitan Editionwith Sean Colins3h 24m Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.