With many email accounts accessed online, the transfer of files such as email messages, calendar events, and contacts is not necessary. However, if you use Outlook on your Windows PC and would like to use Outlook on your Mac, you may need to transfer these files from one computer to the other. In this movie, you will know how to export the .pst file from Outlook on a Windows computer and import that file in Outlook on your Mac to transfer all of your Outlook files.
- [Voiceover] When moving from a Windows computer…to a Mac you may want to consider your email application,…such as email messages, calendar events, to do lists,…et cetera; including your contacts that you may have…been using in that email program.…Now, if it's an online program you simply go to your Mac…and you login online using a different browser.…There's no transfer needed.…But on some occasions you might be using Outlook…where things are stored locally.…Such as your contacts, and your calendar events,…and email messages.…
In that case you want to move a file from…your Windows PC to your Mac so you have access…to all of that information when you start running…Outlook on the Mac, which is a different…program all together.…So, how do we do that?…Here in a Windows environment you go up…to the File tab in Outlook and you go to Open & Export,…and here's where you can export that file.…The Import/Export option.…And we can export to a file by selecting it from the list,…click Next, and then we get to choose our Outlook data file…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.