With a connection to the internet or a network, you can tranfer your Windows PC files to a Mac using online methods. In this movie, you will know how to use a popular tool called Dropbox to upload and download files from a Windows computer to a Mac. You will also know how to find other online options offering free trials for transferring files.
- [Voiceover] Another great option for transferring files…from Windows computer to a Mac is to use online methods.…If you happen to be in an office environment…connected to a network drive, you might consider…uploading files from your Windows computer…to that network drive, in a specific folder,…and then going to your Mac computer…and accessing that same network drive and folder,…and downloading those files right to your Mac.…But, not everyone has access to a network drive…in that scenario, so there are some internet options…you might want to consider, like the one you see…up here on my screen right now,…a very popular file transfer service called Dropbox.…
Now, with Dropbox, you go to dropbox.com,…you fill in your name, email, and password,…and sign up for free, that gets you an account.…Then, here on your Windows computer,…you can go down to the app store…and search for Dropbox, just type it in, and you'll be taken…to this screen where you can download it.…If you've already downloaded it, you'll see things…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.