One way to transfer files from a Windows PC to a Mac computer is to send yourself an email message with a file or group of files attached. In this movie, you will know how to send an email message from your Windows PC to yourself with a compressed .zip file attached, and then open that email on your Mac to download the attached file to your Mac.
- [Voiceover] When you're ready to start…transferring files from your Windows 10 computer…to the Mac,…there are a number of different options…to choose from.…One very popular option…is to use email.…That's what we're going to do…in this movie.…You can create email messages…that you send to yourself,…attaching files along the way.…This is handy if you don't have…a lot of files…or your files are not too big in size.…Remember, as we've already learned…in this chapter,…we can compress files…so we have multiple files compressed…into a single .zip file…that we can attach to an email message.…
That'll work.…Let's try that.…If you're following along with me,…you can use your own email programs.…I happen to be in Outlook.com here.…I'm gonna create a new message.…You can click New however…you create a new message…and choose who you're sending it to.…I'm actually gonna send it to…email@example.com,…that's how I'll log in at the Mac end…to receive this message.…Next, I might want to add a subject.…You'll be prompted to if you don't.…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.