One of the most popular ways to transfer files from one computer to another is through the use of drives, such as CD, DVD, and USB drives. In this movie, you will know how transfer files on your Windows PC to a USB drive and then transfer the files on that USB drive to the appropriate folders on your Mac.
- [Voiceover] One of the most popular ways…to transfer files from one computer to another,…including from a Windows PC to a Mac…is through the use of drives.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie.…It could be a DVD drive where you burned files…to a DVD disk, or a CD, for that matter.…Or it could be, even more popular,…the USB drive, or removable drive.…You plug it into your Windows computer,…copy files onto it,…and then take that same removable drive…and plug it into your Mac to transfer them…onto the new computer.…
That's what we're going to do right now.…Starting here in a Windows environment,…you can see I'm in Windows 10,…and I can access Windows Explorer from the task bar…with a click.…Next, I'm going to move this all the way over to the left,…clicking and dragging until my mouse touches the left side…and release.…That locks it into the left-hand side of the screen.…And I want to talk about what we see…over here on the left-hand side in the Navigation pane.…By default, you're going to have a Documents folder,…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.