Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Top Sites, part of Up and Running with Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Top Sites is great feature that allows you to save frequently visited websites …in a visual grid within Safari. Top Sites is easy to configure and even …easier to use. Let me show you how Top Sites works. …I'm going to start by launching Safari on my computer. …And you can see that we're redirected to the default webpage that's built into Safari. …Now, Top Sites is accessed by clicking this button right here. …Now when you click on Top Sites, you're going to see that we have a grid of webpages.…
Now, by default, this grid is auto-populated as you start navigating to …different websites. Within this Top Sites window, not only do …you have top web sites, which we're going to configure in a few minutes, but …you can also access your history as well. So this is the current history that I …have within my web browser. Now I'm going to go ahead an go back to …Top Sites. And as you can see, this is automatically …populated with default websites that I may have visited in the past.…
Now what I'm going to do is go to a website. …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.