Most people working on a Mac computer will have more than one application running at the same time for the sake of multitasking. You can even have more than one window open in a single application, which can soon create clutter and disorganization. In this movie you will know how to use Mission Control to declutter and organize your desktop for easy switching between open windows and applications.
- [Voiceover] Whether you're working on a Windows PC…or a Mac computer, odds are pretty good…you're going to be running more…than one application at a time.…Here on the Mac, if you have multiple applications open…so you can multi-task, you may even have multiple windows…open within one of those applications…and things can start to get a little bit cluttered,…maybe disorganized, and suddenly you're not working…as efficiently as you should be.…Well, here on the Mac there's something…you don't have on a Windows computer.…It's called Mission Control.…To help you stay organized and work more efficiently,…we're gonna take a look at it now,…which means we need to start up some applications.…
If you were following along with me…when we created shortcuts to the calculator and calendar…right here on the desktop,…we can double-click those to launch them.…Otherwise, you're going to need to go…to the Applications window.…Click in the background here on the desktop.…We'll click Go on the Finder menu…and select Applications, Shift, Command, A…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.