Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video System requirements, part of Up and Running with Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Before you make the final decision to purchase Mountain Lion, you want to make …sure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements needed to run Apple's …latest operating system. You see as new features are added to the …Mac OS, more processing power is required to make these new features work properly. …Because of this some older Mac computers may not have the hardware necessary to …run the OS. If you've purchased a new Mac recently, …you're probably in good shape, and if your new Mac already has Mountain Lion …installed, then you could probably skip this video and jump to the next one.…
Let's take a look at exactly what you need to run Mountain Lion. …The following models of Mac computers are able to run Mountain Lion. …The iMac from mid 2007 or newer, the Mac book from late 2008, the Aluminum version …or early 2009 or newer. The MacBook Pro from mid to late 2007 or newer. …The Macbook Air from late 2008 or newer, the Mac Mini, from early 2009 or newer, …the Mac Pro from early 2008 or newer, and the Xserve from early 2009.…
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iPhone and iPod touch iOS 6 Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.