Review tools to analyse a Wi-Fi network, including Wi-Fi analysis tools included with OS X El Capitan. Learn how to scan available networks and review hidden SSIDs with builtin OS X tools. Learn about the sniffer, the network performance analysis tools, and the network monitoring tools built into OS X.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] OS X has a fantastic Wi-Fi diagnostics…application that can help you to do a whole lot…to figure out what might be wrong in your environment,…especially, when it comes to a Wi-Fi network.…And I'd like to show it to you now…because many people don't know about it…and it's location certainly isn't obvious.…We're going to open up the Finder window,…and go to the hard drive, go to System, Library,…and CoreServices, just as we have done in the past.…In Applications we're going to find…the Wireless Diagnostics Application.…
So, we're going to double-click on Wireless Diagnostics,…and I'll close that window.…And to start, it sort of explains itself,…it says what it's going to do.…It's going to collect a lot of information…and this information could certainly be sent to,…for example, AppleCare if you were working…on an AppleCare trouble ticket with Wi-Fi…and Apple wanted you to provide them with…as much information as possible,…you could run this Wireless Diagnostics report,…send them the result, and they can help you…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
OS X Server Essential Training: El Capitan Editionwith Sean Colins3h 24m Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.