Switching from Windows to Mac (2012)
Switching from Windows to the Mac focuses on the similarities and differences between the two operating systems, highlighting the new terminology and interface that can initially be mystifying for first-time Mac owners. Author David Rivers explores not only the software—Mac OS X Lion and its bundled applications—but also important hardware subjects, like understanding keyboard and mouse differences, interacting with gestures, and connecting to printers and cameras. The course also covers transferring files and mail from a Windows computer to a Mac, and installing and working with applications. Along the way, David shares a few of his favorite free apps and tips for adjusting the system preferences, so you can get the most out of your Mac experience.
- Using the desktop, Apple menu, Dock, and Dashboard
- Navigating with the Finder
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Previewing files with Quick Look
- Tasking switching with Mission Control
- Printing documents
- Burning CDs and DVDs
- Customizing system preferences
- Using the energy saving options
- Installing applications and transferring files, email, and contacts
- [Voiceover] Hi, and welcome to switching from Windows to Mac, I'm David Rivers. More and more people are making the switch to the Mac, or using a Mac alongside their Windows Pc's. This updated course will help make your transition as smooth as possible, and our focus will be moving from a Windows 7 or XP environment to the latest Mac operation system OS X Lion. We'll begin by exploring the advantages to making the switch, getting you acquainted with some new terminology, and finding out what you gain and what you might lose when switching.
After that we'll spend some time with the Mac keyboard, the mouse, and gestures while navigating. Then it's time to get you comfortable with the Mac interface. Then, working with the files and folders in OS X Lion, and also how to use search functionality that's build into the Mac. We'll finish up with moving day, if you're saying goodbye to your Window's PC, you'll need to know how to get your stuff from the PC over to your Mac. So, if you're ready, let's get started.
Mac OS X Mavericks Essential Training533,276 Views
Mac OS X Lion Essential Training639,965 Views
Numbers '09 Essential Training392,508 Views
Monday Productivity Pointers641,854 Views
Mac OS X Mavericks New Features81,133 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,772,051 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,283,533 Views
Windows 10 Essential Training871,616 Views