Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Storing and organizing digital images, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- Previously, we looked at how to import images…from your digital camera into your Mac…using either Image Capture or iPhoto.…Image Capture's nice when you want to import…photos that you don't necessarily…want to store with your iPhoto pictures.…For example, maybe you took some shots…of something you want to sell on eBay,…but you don't want to keep those shots…in your iPhoto library,…but when you're importing photos…that you want to store and manage,…you should definitely use iPhoto.…So in this video,…I'm gonna show you some basic features of iPhoto…for organizing and finding the photos you've imported.…Now, as I mentioned previously,…Apple plans to replace iPhoto…with a new photo management app called Photos,…which hasn't yet been released as I record this movie,…but once it has been released,…you should still be able to manage your photos…quite easily with it…based on the concepts I'm covering here.…
So, immediately after you've imported…your pictures into iPhoto,…they'll all be found in the Library section…of the pane on the left hand side…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.