Sean shows methods to solve common Mac OS X Mail problems by manipulating the files that control Mail spotlight behavior. Learn how Spotlight interacts with many layers of the system and it's embedded applications. Learn how to fix OS X Mail when it cannot find messages and when contacts no longer appear in the to field.
- MAC OS X Mail comes with MAC OS X El Capitan…and contains tons of new features.…Those new features are covered in another course.…And in this course I wanted to talk to you about…how to troubleshoot the Mail application when…it doesn't do quite what you want it to.…So, I've got one account set up in this Mail application.…And I've set up an account that has tens…of thousands of emails sitting inside of it.…I did this because I want to show you…a Mail situation that is kind of for real…and sort of really heavily used.…
Because Mail is capable of handling this,…but if it has problems you need to know…how to resolve them for your users.…So, the first thing I want to do is…I'm going to hide Mail because in the background…it's going to continue to process the incoming…messages and so forth and so on.…But I want to look at it from the Finder's view.…So, I'm going to go up to the Go menu and going to…press Option again in order to get to my Library folder.…And inside of my Library folder…there's a folder called Mail.…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.