Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing files via Mail Drop, part of Computer Literacy for Mac (2015).
- At the beginning of this chapter…I discussed how emailing as a solution to sharing files…only really works for small files…like word processing documents,…photos, and other types of files…that don't take up a lot of storage space.…Lengthy audio and videos aren't really appropriate…for sending via email.…However, if you're on a Mac…and if you're watching this course you probably are…you can take advantage of a feature called MailDrop…which allows you to send very large files over email.…There're two main requirements for using MailDrop.…First, you have to be running Mac OS 10.10,…also known as Yosemite, as your operating system.…
Secondly, you have to have an iCloud account.…It can be either a free or a paid iCloud account.…I'm currently logged into my account,…if I go to System, Preferences here,…and iCloud.…You can see I'm currently logged in.…So, the way this works is…when you upload a file that exceeds the file size limit set…by your or your recipient's email service provider…you can choose to send the file via MailDrop.…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.