Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a scanner, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- In this movie we're gonna discuss…how to set up a scanner on your Mac.…But truth be told, if you have a scanner…that was manufactured in the last several years,…you most likely don't have to do anything…to get it to work with your Mac,…as long as you're running Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard or later.…Whether the scanner is connected to your Mac directly…through a USB cable or if it's a network scanner…connected to your home or office network,…your Mac should be able to see and use it right away.…So the first step is to connect your scanner to your Mac…or to your network, and then turn it on.…That's it as far as the physical setup goes.…
Now, there are two built-in applications…you can scan from in Mac OS X.…One is called Preview and the other is called Image Capture.…Both are located in your Applications folder…and both work pretty much the same way.…We'll look at the specifics of scanning…in a separate, upcoming movie, but for now…let's just see how we check to make sure…the Mac is seeing the scanner.…I'll start by opening Preview.…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.