Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up an email account, part of Up and Running with Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Mountain Lion contains a robust email application, aptly named Mail. …Mail allows you to set up your email account, so you can send and receive …email messages from one or more accounts. Setting up an email account in Mail is …easy to do. Let me show you how it works. …I'm going to begin by launching Mail on my computer. …So my Mail icon is down here on my dock. And I'm going to launch the application. …Now because I have no accounts set up on this computer I need to enter that …information now. So before you try to set up this account, …you want to make sure you have information such as the email address, …the incoming server, outgoing server and your password.…
So I'm going to go ahead and enter my name in here (audio playing) and I'm going to go …and enter my email address. And then finally, my password. …And I'll go ahead and click the Create button. …Now in the case of a Gmail account. The set up process is quite simple, …because Mail knows all of the parameters about the Gmail account. …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.