As an administrator on a Windows PC, you may have had control over setting up user accounts to have multiple people logging into the same computer. In this movie, you will know how to both setup new users on a Mac, as well as manage user settings, and even delete users who no longer need to have access to the Mac.
- [Voiceover] If you're switching from a Windows computer…where many people were able to login,…you may want to setup that same scenario…here on your Mac.…So, maybe multiple people need access to the Mac…and each of them should have their own account,…so they login with their own username and password.…Well, we're going to talk about…how we set those up here in the Mac…by going to our system preferences.…We'll click the Apple menu and from here,…select System Preferences.…Next, we'll go down to the Users & Groups icon,…give that a click, and from here,…you'll see the current user list.…
I'm logged in as myself, as an administrator.…Administrators have full privileges…and allows someone, like myself,…to create additional user accounts, delete accounts,…and adjust settings.…So, for my account, which is selected,…I can do things like change my password from here,…I can open up my Contacts Card.…You'll notice some of the options though…are not accessible right now,…and that's not until I unlock my screen…to make changes.…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.