Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Reminders, part of Up and Running with Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Reminders is a new application introduced in Mountain Lion that was designed to …help you stay on top of things that need to get done, that you might just need to …be reminded about. If you're anything like me, I get tied up …throughout the day, and forget to do things. …Reminders helps me to remember to get them done. …Let me show you how. In Mountain Lion, by default, the …Reminders application is installed in your dock at the bottom of your screen. …But the Reminders application can also be accessed from the Launch Pad or directly …from your Applications folder. So to get started I'm going to click on …the Reminders application to launch it. Now the Reminders interface is fairly …simple, but it's actually quite powerful once you start to use it.…
So at its most basic level, Reminders actually make it easy to create to-do …items that you need to get done throughout the day, or even in future days. …So I'm going to come up here into the upper right corner, and I'm going to …click the plus sign, and that's going to create a new to-do. …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iPhone and iPod touch iOS 6 Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.