Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Receiving and reading email, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- In this movie I'd like to touch on the basics…of receiving and reading email.…In a previous movie we learned…about the path an email follows…to get from the sender's computer to the recipient's.…Now once an email arrives on your computer,…depending on the email client you're using,…there are usually a couple of options available…for reading and managing your messages.…For this example I'm using Mac OS X's Mail program,…but pretty much everything I'll show you here…applies to other email clients.…So first of all, when a new email arrives,…it ends up in your Inbox by default.…You'll usually see some notification…of how many new messages there are.…
So for example here I'm looking at the Inbox…for my iCloud account.…I see there are 3 new messages.…Each one of the messages has a blue dot next to them,…and down here in the Dock on the Mail icon,…we see a number 3 badge,…again indicating how many new messages there are.…So with your Inbox selected,…you can browse through your messages,…and to read a message just click it once.…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.