On occasion, a program or application you're working on will freeze up, and you will no longer be able to work with it. On a Windows computer, you would have to use Task Manager to forcibly quit the program. In this movie, you will know how to shut down a frozen application on a mac computer by using the Force Quit function either from the dock or from the apple menu.
- [Voiceover] Have you ever been working…on a program on a Windows PC when all of a sudden…it stops responding, it's frozen.…You can't even go up to the file menu…to choose exit, or click the close button…in the top right corner of the window.…Nothing works, and it's frozen on your screen.…In those instances, you would typically…go to the task manager,…you'd launch that, get in there,…look at a list of programs that are running…you'd see the one that's not responding…and quit it from there.…Of course, if you hadn't saved changes…that you'd made in the file,…you'd lose those changes,…well, you're on a Mac, it happens far less often…than it does on a Windows PC.…
But, when it does, there is an option,…it's easier than accessing something like Task Manager…to forcibly quit an application.…We're going to explore that now,…so first we need to open up some applications.…Let's go to the Finder menu, click go,…and under Applications,…let's go to one that everyone is going to have,…how about Stickies.…It's an app for writing sticky notes,…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.