Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Print your documents, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- When you go to print a document from your Mac…you'll find that there are several print options available.…Some options you'll see will be specific…to whichever brand and model of printer you have…and to which application you're printing…from while other options are standard…regardless of the printer you're using.…In this movie, we'll take a look at some…of these common print options.…Currently, I have a document open in TextEdit.…The contents of the document aren't important right now.…I just need an open document so I can walk you…through the printing process.…So, I'll choose File, Print,…keyboard shortcut is cmd + p.…Now, the first time you go to print…you'll see this version of the print dialogue box.…
This is the minimalist, only basics version that you'll need…if you just want to print your entire document…as is with no special options.…At the top you have the printer menu…for selecting which printer you want to print to.…You should see any printers you have set up…or which are connected to your network here.…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.