Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Preview, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Preview is a helpful and powerful application that can be used to open and …modify PDF files and images as well. It can be used to annotate a PDF and even …edit images. In this video, I'd like to show you some …nice features that Preview has for editing images in Mountain Lion. …To begin, I'm going to go ahead and launch Preview on my computer and since I …don't have it down here in the dock, I'm going to go to Launchpad and just go …ahead and type Preview up here in the search text field. …I'll go ahead and press enter to launch the application.…
Now you can see that the application is open, but we need to open a file. …So I'm going to go to the File menu and choose Open. …And I already have some files in my pictures folder. …But if you don't have these files in your pictures folder, you can find them in …your chapter seven project files. So I'm going to select the bee.jpg file, …and I'm going to go ahead and click open, and that's going to open this inside of …the Preview application. Now, right off bat there's some nice …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.