When using Finder to access files in folders on a Mac, there are certain views that allow you to preview the file right from within the Finder windows. To get a more detailed view, you can use Quick Look. In this movie, you will access Quick Look from the Finder toolbar as well as from the keyboard using the spacebar to preview files in greater detail and with more options to go on to the next step.
- [Voiceover] We're going to shift our focus now…to working with folders and files here on a Mac computer…using finder most of time…and much like Windows Explorer,…there are a number of different options…for managing your folders and files.…We're going to look at cool feature here…in the Mac though in this movie called Quick Look.…And we're going to do it with our exercise files…so you can navigate your exercise files folder,…double clicking it to open it up here in finder,…double click the chapter three folder to open it up…so we're looking at the various files in that chapter.…
Now if you don't have the exercise files…you can be working with your own files here,…so unimportant what the files are so much…as to have a variety of different types of files.…Now here in this list view and in finder we have…the buttons on the tool bar for changing views…if you like to look at icons for example,…we can click the first one.…List view allows you to see a list of the names…as well as different columns.…Such as when it was modified, the size…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.