Understand how full disk encryption works. Learn how the passwordreset utility is hidden, and how to unlock the passwordreset utility. Learn about unexpected additional features of passwordreset, and how passwordreset works with full disk encryption. Understand what happens to a user's account with passwordreset, and how to identify which bootable volume and accounts are reset.
- As an IT administrator, sometimes you're going…to encounter users who have lost…or forgotten their local login password.…Now of course, if you're using Single sign-on…and are connected to a shared directory…and your users are all using passwords…that are set from that local directory,…this will not be a problem because you…can simply reset their password from that.…But if you have local users…whereas the user account is only held locally…on the computer they're using,…then you've got a bit of a problem…because if they forget their password,…they have no ability to authenticate to the system…because their user password…is also their login keychain password…that creates the additional problem…of having the password…both in the directory for login…and in the keychain for accessing password information.…
We only have the ability to reset the login password,…not the login keychain password,…which creates a problem I'll show you later.…But for right now, let's talk about how to reset…that login password.…I have another user on this system.…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.