Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Pairing with Bluetooth devices, part of Computer Literacy for Mac.
- All of Apple's current lineup of Macs,…as well as many older models of Macs,…include a piece of technology called Bluetooth.…Bluetooth is a short-range wireless technology…mostly used to reduce the need for wires and…cables in personal devices.…You're probably familiar with this technology…in the form of Bluetooth headsets that many people…use to talk on their mobile phones.…But Bluetooth is also used for many other types…of devices including computer mice and keyboards.…If you have a newer iMac it might've even…shipped with a Bluetooth mouse.…If you regularly use an Apple notebook computer…like the MacBook Air or MacBook Pro you might…want to consider purchasing and using…an external mouse or keyboard.…
Now you could just purchase wired versions of…these devices that plug into your Mac's USB ports…but for a little more money you can eliminate the…wires and use a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard.…I carry around a Bluetooth mouse with my MacBook Pro…because I find it much easier to use than the…MacBook's trackpad, especially for…
Note: This course was recorded on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To upgrade to Yosemite before you begin, watch "Installing and running Mac OS X 10.10 for the first time."
- Working with a laptop versus a desktop computer
- Understanding the five traits almost all applications share in Mac OS X
- Printing on a Mac computer
- Setting up a scanner
- Connecting to the Internet
- Sending and receiving email
- Searching the Internet
- Importing and editing images from a digital camera
- Sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
iOS 7: iPhone and iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow8h 21m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Computers
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. Introduction to Software and Applications
4. Introduction to Computer Peripherals
5. Introduction to Networks and Getting Online
6. Introduction to Email
7. Introduction to Internet Searching
8. Introduction to Word Processing and Spreadsheets
9. Introduction to Photo and Image Management
10. Introduction to Sharing Files
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.