With a Microsoft account on a Windows PC, you can access free cloud storage known as OneDrive. If you're switching to a Mac computer, you can continue to access your OneDrive folders from your Mac. In this movie, you will know how download the OneDrive app on the Mac and choose settings to give you easy access to the folders and files you accessed from your Windows computer.
- [Voiceover] Switching to a Mac computer…opens up a door to a whole new world of apps,…many that come with your Mac,…others than can be downloaded from the app store.…So, in this chapter,…I'd like to go over my top five favorite Mac apps,…at least right now,…especially if you're transitioning from a Windows PC.…The first one we're going to explore…in this movie is OneDrive.…You may have been using OneDrive…on your Windows PC Cloud storage…that you can get access to for free.…You can buy more storage if you like,…but it's a great way to store files in the Cloud,…so you can access them from your Windows computer,…from your smartphone, from your tablet, for example.…
Well, here in the Mac,…you can actually download the OneDrive app…and have access to everything there as well.…Here's what we're going to do.…Let's go to the app store…and you can click the Apple menu icon…and select App Store from here.…Next, we're going to go to the search field…and type in OneDrive.…Type that in, press Return,…and you'll see OneDrive under Productivity.…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.