Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Notification Center, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Another new feature in Mountain Lion is the Notification Center. …The Notification Center keeps you updated with the latest happenings on your Mac. …Whether it be emails, reminders, calendars, events, software updates and …much, much more. The notification center keeps on top of …everything that's going on. Let me show you how it works. …In the finder, you're going to notice that the notification center is located …in the upper-right corner of your screen. If you're new to the Mac, you might not …have noticed this. And if you are an existing Mac user, you …might have been wondering what that is for.…
And that in and of itself is the Notification button. …So if you click on that, it's going to show you the Notification pane and show …you any notifications that you need to be aware of. …So here's a calendar meeting that I have, and then there's also another reminder …that I have as well. In addition, any new emails that you get …will also show up in here. So the question becomes, well how do I …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.