In this video, David offers congratulations for completing the course and offers up recommended additional courses to help you dive deeper into the world of Mac computing. He recommends courses on computer literacy as well as courses on the various OSX versions available on the Mac that will help you take your Mac knowledge to the next level.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Well congratulations,…you made it to the finish line.…Whether you've already switched over to the Mac…or you're still just thinking about it,…you should now be feeling comfortable with…what it takes for a smooth transition.…When you're ready to dive deeper into the Mac,…Lynda.com offers a virtual buffet of additional Mac training…to help you along on your journey.…For example, if you want to feel more literate with the Mac,…Garrick Chow's Computer Literacy for the Mac course…will help you with understanding the Mac while helping…you to work more efficiently and be more productive.…
Want to dive deeper into the Mac operating system?…Well, Lynda.com has several courses on the various versions…of OS X that are out there, from Mac OS 10 Jaguar, Panther,…and Tiger, to newer versions like Mac OS X Lion,…Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan.…Whatever version you have installed on your Mac,…there's a course for you at Lynda.com…This is David Rivers wishing you all the best as you…consider making the big move over to the Mac,…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.