Learn about the hidden network analysis tools built into Mac OS X. Learn about the secret folder locations that every system administrator should know. Learn what applications are available in hidden menu's within other applications. Sean shows how to find these little known, hidden, and incredibly useful network analysis tools within El Capitan.
- View Offline
- If you're an experienced IT administrator…of Macintosh systems, you may remember that the…Network Utility Program was located…in the Utilities folder before.…If I go to the Go menu and pull down the Utilities,…you'll note, no longer here.…But never fear, Network Utility is definitely still present,…it's just been moved.…If we go to Macintosh HD, System, Library,…and then we find Core Services, there it is,…and we go to Applications, you can see here…within this Core Services Applications folder,…we have a whole bunch of great utilities,…many of which used to be located…in that Applications Utilities folder.…
These were moved by Apple into this Core Services…Applications folder specifically because they really felt…that these were more advanced utilities…that only Systems Administrators should really utilize,…and so there you have it.…Anyway, Network Utility is right here,…and we can simply double click on it.…Interestingly, if you click on Spotlight,…and you type Network Utility, it'll find it…and it can launch it from right there as well.…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
OS X Server Essential Training: El Capitan Editionwith Sean Colins3h 24m Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.