Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Messages, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
The new Messages app in Mountain Lion allows users to text message or chat with …each other using a variety of different chat services, including AIM, Google …Talk, Yahoo, and iMessage. And in the case of iMessage, you could …text users or iOS devices directly from your computer. …It's a very powerful feature. Let me show you how it works. …So, I'm going to start by Launching the Message Application and I'm going to use …the Launch Pad to do so. And right up here within the Launch Pad, …I can Click on the Messages Application. Now, when you first launch Messages, you …need to setup an account. And it's really up to you what type of …account you want to create. In this particular case, it wants me to …setup iMessage, and that simply requires an Apple ID.…
And once you enter that, then you're identified and can communicate with other …iMessage users. Now, I'm not going to do that right now. …I'm going to use my Google account, or my Gmail account, so I'm going to go ahead …and skip that. And we're going to switch to a different …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.