A mouse that comes with a Mac computer may act differently from a standard mouse on a Windows computer. In this movie, you will learn about different types of mice that can work with a Mac computer, including the Mighty Mouse, or one-button mouse, as well as the Magic Mouse, that is sensitive to touch and gestures.
- [Voiceover] As with the keyboard differences…we talked about in the previous movie,…when working with a mouse that comes with your Mac,…it may work a little bit differently…than what you're used to on a Windows computer.…Here's the good news though.…If your Windows computer has a USB mouse…plugged into it, and you really like that mouse,…you can unplug it from your Windows computer,…and plug it right into your Mac computer,…and continue to use it.…However, if you go to a Mac that comes with…its own mouse, there might be some changes…you'll need to get used to.…
So we're gonna talk about mouse basics in this movie.…You can see there's an image here of a one button mouse,…and this particular mouse looks like it has…a little dot or a ball in the top-center of it,…and that's because, what we see here,…could be considered a one button mouse…with one big button, but it is sensitive…on the left and right sides.…So if you're accustomed to using a two button mouse…with maybe a wheel down the middle…on your Windows computer,…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.