The course also covers automating repetitive tasks with Automator and recording your Mac or iOS device's screen with QuickTime. Need help with basic housekeeping tasks? Chris dives into the utilities that help you resize disk partitions, create encrypted images, recover passwords, and more. The course concludes with great tips on efficiently using email and iCloud.
- Cleaning up the Mac OS X interface
- Using AirDrop to move files between your Mac and iOS device
- Extending Spotlight's reach
- Converting imported images with Automator
- Controlling your Mac with your voice
- Capturing screenshots and recording your screen with QuickTime
- Creating encrypted images
- Recovering passwords
- Archiving email
- Sending large email attachments with Mail Drop
- Working with iCloud
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Chris Breen. Welcome to Mac OS X Yosemite Tips and Tricks. Yosemite is another step in Apple's plan to make your Mac and you more productive by further integrating the Macintosh operating system with the company's iOS devices and its cloud service iCloud. Sporting a design that breaks from the past, Yosemite has a lot of power, but some of it is hidden. And that's why we're here, to check out some of its less obvious and entirely cool features. In this course, you'll learn how to tweak the interface in case you're not completely happy with Yosemite's thinner look and greater transparency.
I'll show you some of the tricks Spotlight can now perform. I'll help those of you with solid-state drives and little room to spare clear space on your startup drive by shifting commonly used folders to another drive. I love Apple's automation tool Automator, and I think you will too, after watching my tips about it. Did you know that you can capture motion from your iPhone or iPad screen with Yosemite's QuickTime player? I'll show you how. And how on earth can you send a multi-gigabyte file via mail? Mail Drop's the method, and I'll explain the machinery behind it.
And more. There are loads of things that Yosemite can do, many of which you may know nothing about but we can fix that. On my count, three, two, one, let's get started with Mac OS X Yosemite Tips and Tricks.