Mac OS X Mountain Lion New Features
In this course, author Christopher Breen examines Mac OS X Mountain Lion, the latest version of the Apple operating system. The course takes a look at the enhancements to messages, contacts, calendars, mail, Safari, and expanded iCloud remote storage options, as well as brand-new features such as AirPlay mirroring, which makes it simple to wirelessly project your Mac screen onto an Apple TV–connected television, the Game Center app, Dictation, and Gatekeeper security protections.
- Setting up your computer quickly with the guided setup process
- Using Dictation to turn your spoken words into text
- Taking advantage of the Auto Save improvements
- Sharing data with iCloud
- Mirroring your Mac to a television
- Creating to-do events with Reminders
- Keeping track of game progress with Game Center
- Browsing with the improved Safari
- Becoming familiar with the Power Nap and new privacy features
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Mac OS X Mountain Lion New Features, I'm Chris Breen. In this course, I'll outline the major changes that are introduced with Mountain Lion. Security is a big part of Mountain Lion and we'll take a long look at how that's implemented in OS X and what you can do to configure your security settings so that you'll be safe from malware threats while at the same time, acquire and use the software you need. Mountain Lion introduces Notification Center, a central repository for alerts. I'll show you where it is, what it can do, and how to configure it.
Mountain Lion introduces the ability to turn your speech into text. If you have a desire to talk to your Mac and see your words accurately captured, tune in to the Dictation movie. I'll show you how to use the new Reminders feature to help you organize your life. And there's more. Mountain Lion brings improvements to Mail, Safari, which is Apple's web browser, Calendar, Contacts, and iCloud, Apple's cloud-based synchronization and storage service. While Mountain Lion may not be the kind of update that takes your breath away, it offers some terrific new features.
Let's get started with them now.
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Tips and Tricks69,390 Views
Mac OS X Mavericks New Features80,844 Views
Mac OS X Lion Essential Training638,129 Views
iWork '09 New Features55,950 Views
iWork: Workflows and New Features110,906 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views