Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Setting up your computer quickly with the guided setup process
- Using Dictation to turn your spoken words into text
- Taking advantage of the Auto Save improvements
- Sharing data with iCloud
- Mirroring your Mac to a television
- Creating to-do events with Reminders
- Keeping track of game progress with Game Center
- Browsing with the improved Safari
- Becoming familiar with the Power Nap and new privacy features
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Mac OS X Mountain Lion New Features, I'm Chris Breen. In this course, I'll outline the major changes that are introduced with Mountain Lion. Security is a big part of Mountain Lion and we'll take a long look at how that's implemented in OS X and what you can do to configure your security settings so that you'll be safe from malware threats while at the same time, acquire and use the software you need. Mountain Lion introduces Notification Center, a central repository for alerts. I'll show you where it is, what it can do, and how to configure it.
Mountain Lion introduces the ability to turn your speech into text. If you have a desire to talk to your Mac and see your words accurately captured, tune in to the Dictation movie. I'll show you how to use the new Reminders feature to help you organize your life. And there's more. Mountain Lion brings improvements to Mail, Safari, which is Apple's web browser, Calendar, Contacts, and iCloud, Apple's cloud-based synchronization and storage service. While Mountain Lion may not be the kind of update that takes your breath away, it offers some terrific new features.
Let's get started with them now.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.