- View Offline
- Installing and running Mavericks for the first time
- Connecting to the Internet
- Browsing through folders in the Finder
- Launching and managing applications
- Saving and searching for files
- Setting up iCloud and Apple ID accounts
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Using Mail, Calendar, and Contacts
- Messaging with iChat and Facetime
- Installing apps
- Sharing files and printer over a local network
- Backing up your Mac
Skill Level Appropriate for all
(chimes) - Hi! I'm Nick Brazzi. Welcome to Mac OS X Mavericks Essential Training. OS X is the operating system for Mac computers. It's the primary interface and the basic system that supports all of the software on the Mac. This course will give you a look at all the essentials, to get you running in the Mac OS X environment. I'll start by helping you understand the core interface elements in OS X, so that you can store all of your files and work with applications running on the Mac.
Next, we'll look at essential techniques for saving files, organizing them and finding them if they ever get lost. I'll set up Apple ID and iCloud accounts and show you why they might, or might not, be important to you. Finally, we'll take a look at the most important applications that come bundled with OS X, and also see how to install new applications. Let's get started with Mac OS X Mavericks Essential Training.