Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Logging in to a user account, part of Up and Running with Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Once a user account has been created for one or more additional users on a …computer, all users will need to be aware that they need to log in and log out of …their accounts to gain access to the computer. …This is a fairly simple process, but there are a few things to consider. …Let's take a look. I'm going to come up here to the Apple …menu, and I'm going to go to System Preferences to get started. …And in the System category, I'm going to click on Users and Groups. …Now, you need to be logged in as an administrator to see these options.…
But I'm going to go ahead and click on Login Options, and you can see that this …provides a number of choices for us that we can set up on this computer. …Now, I'm going to authenticate with my administrative password, and now you'll …see that I have these options available. Now, the first thing I want to do is, …where it says Automatic Login, this is currently off on my computer. …And when you're using a multi-user computer, like we're doing now, you …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iPhone and iPod touch iOS 6 Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.