Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Launchpad, part of Up and Running with Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
I like to refer to Launchpad as applications central because it's a …single point of access for every application on your computer. …Launchpad eliminates the need to dig through your Applications folder for an …application that you don't have readily available in the dock or as a shortcut. …With Launchpad you could also organize your applications into categories as well. …Now Launchpad can be found down here in your dock. …It's an icon, it's like a little rocket that's pointing upwards and you can also …access this from your Applications folder as well.…
So if you scroll down here you're going to notice that Launchpad is right here. …So, if for some reason you removed it from your dock at some point you can go …ahead and add it back in. Unfortunately, Launchpad doesn't have a …keyboard shortcut at least by default. However, it's pretty easy to add a …keyboard shortcut in there. So, if you go to the Apple menu, Systems …Preferences, we're going to go ahead and go to the Keyboard option and then we're …
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.