On a Mac computer, there is more than one way to launch an application you want to run, just as it is on a Windows PC. In this movie you will know how to launch an application from the Applications window in Finder, from Spotlight, and from an alias you create on the desktop. You'll also review options for switching between running applications before closing them up.
- [Voiceover] On a Windows computer, there are several…different ways to launch a program.…You might have a shortcut to the program right…on your desktop, or maybe from the Start screen,…there's a tile.…Or on the taskbar across the bottom you may be able…to find that program to launch.…By clicking it, you launch the program, and off you go.…You can also go right into a Windows Explorer window…and find applications in the Program Files folder.…Lots of different ways.…Same thing here on the Mac and we're going to…explore some of them right now.…
One option is from a Finder menu bar, click Go,…and select Applications.…It opens up a Finder window with an alphabetical list…of the applications you have installed on your Mac computer.…For example, if I wanted to open up…the calculator, all I have to do is find it on this list,…there it is, it's an app.…Double-click it to open it up.…Notice it's running on top right now…and the menu bar has changed to show Calculator…and the menu bar here, File, Edit, View,…all the way over to Help, is for working with my calculator.…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.