Another way to launch an application on a Mac computer, which has no equivelent on a Windows PC, is to use a built-in app called Launchpad. In this movie, you will know how to access launchpad using a variety of options to view applications, launch them, and even group some of them together in their own folder to be displayed in Launchpad.
- [Voiceover] Here on a Mac computer if you're running…OS X Lion or later there's another way…to launch applications it's called Launchpad.…And there are a few different ways to get to…Launchpad that we're going to talk about right now.…One option is in Finder to click the Go menu…and select Applications, shift + cmd+ a,…your keyboard shortcut to open up a window…full of applications listed alphabetically.…One of them is Launchpad.…And double clicking it here will actually open up…the view of your running applications.…
And you can see I've quite a few here.…In fact I have more the one screen full of applications…that I can run just by selecting them from this view.…But I'm going to click in the background,…you can do the same to close up this view of Launchpad…and close up the application's window because…there are other ways to launch Launchpad.…One option is to use gestures.…Now if you have a trackpad maybe part of a MacBook,…a laptop or trackpad that's attached to your…computer you can also use gestures.…
- Using the keyboard and gestures
- Exploring the desktop, Apple menu, Finder, and dock
- Finding files and folders
- Locating files with Spotlight
- Launching and quitting applications
- Task switching with Mission Control
- Transferring files from Windows to Mac
- Transferring mail and address books
- Connecting printers, cameras, and Bluetooth devices
- Getting online
- Adjusting settings in System Preferences
- Getting the best free apps from the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Office for Mac 2016 New Featureswith David Rivers1h 31m Beginner
1. Navigate the Mac
2. The Mac Interface
3. Work with Files and Folders
4. Search on the Mac
5. Work with Applications on the Mac
6. Moving Day
7. Hardware on the Mac
8. Get Online with Your Mac
9. Set System Preferences
10. Top 5 Free Mac Apps
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.